IT Job Tech
The Wolmer’s Preparatory and Learning Enrichment Center is seeking a qualified entry level IT Technician to be a part of our digital transformation of the curriculum. The candidate should have
- Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential when communicating with customers and clients
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Extensive experience working with different operating systems including Windows, Linux, Android, ChromeOS, IOS and Mac OS.
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Resolve issues efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Ability to identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
The position is Full Time. Additional training will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
Help Desk / Account Management
- Assisting call-ins or live chat with technical difficulties
- Assisting customers and staff with hardware and software challenges
- Learn the functions and back end of our software program so you can walk users through the steps to achieve specific goals
- Maintain a high level of courteous customer service at all times
- Assist with passwords and credentials
- Provide training and support for all software applications including
- Office, Student Information Systems, e-Learning platforms
- Keep all software updated to current standards
- Maintain appropriate security patches and bug fixes
- Aid the development team in conceptualizing updates and upgrades that will enhance users’ experience
- Maintaining working components through repair or replacement for all devices
- Provide firmware updates
Networking and Telephony
- Configure and manage all core networking, wireless and internet infrastructure
- Maintain firewalls, content filters and other security appliances
- Manage the VoIP system
- Maintain all cabling and wiring
Documents and Printing
- Maintain all print services and physical printing and copying devices.
- Provide support for projectors, devices and apps in the learning environment.
Website and Media
- Perform basic updates to the website content
- Manage all security cameras and archived footage
- Provide camera footage for incidents
- Manage all badge readers, IDs and bio metric devices
- Conduct compliant data destruction for all sensitive materials
Experience / Credentials
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in a customer focused position involving technical knowledge of a company’ s products and services
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to efficiently work client technical issues through to resolution using knowledge, experience, system documentation, vendor support and online resources
- Specialized knowledge in particular verticals, such as security, servers, etc are not required but are a plus
- Installation and support of server technology – Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, FTP, IIS, VPN, TCP/IP, Terminal Services, SonicWALL, Fortinet, SOPHOS, Office365, Google Apps, domain management, Hyper-V, VMware ESX, SQL, network topology, network printers, scanners, hardware and software installation, Azure AD, Intone
- Installation and support of workstation technology – Microsoft Windows (workstation operating systems), Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, Adobe Acrobat, Firefox, Chrome, Remote Desktop, software installation, printer installation, driver installation
- Microsoft Office + Office 365
- Microsoft Server 2016, Active Directory / LDAP
- Microsoft Sysadmin *
- Gsuite Admin *
- CCNA *
- CompTIA or A+
*nice to have, training will be provided.